tiddle wink family

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

$50 a week!

It is going to be a very simple week of shopping.  It should be easy to stay within the $50 budget.   I bought my fruit and hot dogs Tuesday and only have a few items to top off my list. Plus, we are stocked up on diapers, toilet paper, and health/beauty needs.  I have plenty of fixings for breakfast and lunch.  The only breakfast goodie I plan on making is banana chocolate chip bread.

So, here is the dinnertime meal plan for one week starting with tomorrow:


o   Thursday- chicken tacos & chips with cheese dip & guacamole

o   Friday – cheesy potato soup with garlic bread

o   Saturday – grilled pork chops, mashed potatoes, & corn on the cob

o   Sunday – leftovers

o   Monday – homemade pizza

o   Tuesday – dirty rice and grilled sausage with garlic monkey bread

o   Wednesday – leftovers
***** SALAD & FRUIT--- every meal --- Ed eats salad most nights and the boys can be bribed to eat more food if fruit is readily available.

Here are the basic ingredients I will need to put the meals together:

TR- Chicken, Salsa, and Taco mix, Tortilla mix, Chips, Velveeta & rotel

Avocado, salsa, lime, salt, pepper, chili powder

F – potatoes, cheese, cream, seasoning, green onion & loaf of garlic bread

S – chops, seasoning, potatoes, butter, milk, bacon, corn

M- pizza crust mix, sauce, cheese, pepperoni, olives, onion

T- sausage rice, garlic, butter, canned biscuits


I have most of the ingredients on hand/in my freezer.  So here is my shopping list.  Yes, I do put it in order of how I go through the store.  I also keep my handy dandy stickers close by so the cashier at W-Mart has an easier time of ringing me up.  This week, I will also be shopping at Edwards to take advantage of their big tent event.  Here is the lineup:

W-Mart:
Milk - 2.98 @ HF
OJ- highland- 1/2gal - 1.79@ Hrp
Eggs- dozen - large - .99 @ SAL
Fruit - bananas- .39/lb @ FW
Blueberries- 6 oz- 1.99 @ FG
already bought (apples, oranges, grapes)- $10 spent
Pizza crust
Pizza sauce
Sausage - hillshire 12oz - 1.99@ SAL Q for .75 off 2
Sirloin cut pork chops - .88/lb @FG
Lettuce - 12 oz salad mix - .88 @ K

Edwards:
8 lb strawberries- 9.98
3 lb vidalia onions- 1.98
20 lb red/russet potatoes - 4.98
 ______________________________________________

This should be just under $50.  As a little bonus I have decided to splurge on chocolate!  Kmart has hershey's bliss 8.5-9.6 oz bags 2/$6.  I have 2 $1 coupons making it 2/$4.  Well worth it!!!!


Hope everyone has a successful week of shopping!

3 comments:

  1. $0.50/5lb – Vidalia Onions, loose or bagged – (flavorsofsummer.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. $0.65/2 - Distinctively Dole Salad Kits – (couponnetwork.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, if you want to get a chocolate fix - Wal-Mart carries the 6 pack mini's Hershey's for $1/pack and this coupon is good for ANY 6 pack Hershey's $1.00/2 – Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bars, 6 pack – http://coupons2.smartsource.com/smartsource/index.jsp?Link=63DYNHEYWIA5E

    ReplyDelete